Iron Man 3 Characters
- Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man:
The billionaire who, after being held captive, escaped with a suit of
armor he created and now uses an upgraded version to make the world a
- Don Cheadle as Lt. Colonel James "Rhodey" Rhodes: Cheadle replaces Terrence Howard from the first film.
- Mickey Rourke as Ivan Vanko: A
physicist and ex-convict who builds his own arc reactor-based weapon to
exact vengeance on the Stark family. He is an amalgamation of Iron Man
villains Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo.
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Virginia "Pepper" Potts: Stark's closest friend, budding love interest, and business partner as Pepper is promoted to CEO of Stark Industries.
- Sam Rockwell as Justin Hammer: a rival weapons manufacturer.
- Scarlett Johansson as "Black Widow (Natalia Romanova)" Natalie Rushman / Natasha Romanoff:
She works in the legal department of Stark Industries and is highly
qualified, speaking multiple languages including Latin and Russian. An
undercover spy for S.H.I.E.L.D. posing as Stark's assistant.
- Samuel L. Jackson as "Ultimate Nick Fury" Nick Fury: Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.